IMPORTANT CONFIRMATIONS PRIOR TO BUYING
With the Property Registry:
The first step before buying is to check the Property Register to verify who are the legal owners, any liens or encumbrances (mortgages, usufruct, easements, etc.). Any claims on the property will affect your ownership.
With the owners Association (if any):
Make sure that the seller is up to date in all community fees.
Property Taxes (IBI):
Request that the seller provide you with the latest receipt for local property taxes or request information from the local council where the property is located.
If the home you are buying is new, you should check:
- That there are no urban development charges.
- That the builder had all required permits.
- That the house or flat has the required occupancy certificate.
- That the developer has contracted the required liability insurance established under Building Ordinances.
- That the local authorities have issued the First Occupancy License